Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week Two Christmas Challenge - Oriel

Hi all - the last week has just flown by but I have managed to do some of my list.

Firstly I have finished the Gingerbread Boy and Gingerbread Girl for my two youngest grandchildren.  They do look a lot better in reality than they do on camera.  Have attached photo below.







As I have a gingerbread theme this year I am deciding whether or not to make a cake Gingerbread House but will have to see what time I have closer to Christmas.

Next on the list are coasters.  I have decided to make coasters rather than a table runner this year as quilting is a very new craft for me.  So far I have only done the one but plan to have at least 8 finished by next Tuesday and hopefully another 6 by the end of November (we are having 14  adults and three children for Christmas dinner this year which is going to be fantastic).  See photo below.

I have been side tracked a little after reading Pomona's blog about the Pleated Pouches and decided to purchase the pattern from Keyka Lou Patterns and have a go myself.  It is a great pattern to use and is very well documented so that a beginner like myself could follow the directions.  The best part about it was that it only took a short time to make and I think the end result was great.


I have also managed to cross stitch some more cards and now I have the beading to do so hopefully they will be finished by next week.

Still a few more things on my list but I have found the Christmas Challenge very motivating and a great help to keep me focused.

Look forward to reading all your progress reports.

Happy crafting!!!!
Oriel

4 comments:

  1. Sweet gingerbread ornaments. Loving your pleated pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pleated pouch - Michelle's patterns are so easy to follow aren't they? I have made some wallets this week - and I think I might try the owls next.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little gingerbread kids are so cute!
    It sounds like you are doing really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little gingerbread ornaments! I thought at first it was edible gingerbread!!

    ReplyDelete