Friday, November 18, 2011

Week 2 Update: Strephanie of Sewing By Stephanie

Happy week two everyone!  Sorry this post is late, I held off on writing it yesterday because I wanted to take a few pictures to share with all of you, but that didn't happen so here's what I've done (without pictures)

I completed blocks 5 and 6 of the 12 Days of Christmas Sampler Quilt Along and am almost done with block 7.

I made one sewing kit to test out the pattern.  The small scissors I ordered from Amazon should arrive today and then I'll be able to go into full scale production on them.

I made 15 felt ornaments (two houses, two snowflakes, one Christmas tree, one Santa, three swirly snowflakes, one owl, one Russian doll, one Nordic snowflake, one mitten, one mustache, and one singing bird in a cage). 

And I'm 7/8 finished with my skirt from the sew-a-long.  My serger was out of business for a few days after it fell off the table but now it's back and feeling better so I should be able to hem the skirt easy-peasy.

Not bad considering three of the days were completely sew-free because of the 3 day weekend, but I still need to pick up the pace to get everything done in the 37 days left before Christmas!

Stephanie

2 comments: